Monday, May 5, 2008

Wicked!


So I have been hearing all the buzz about the musical Wicked, who hasn't? I wasn't too keen on seeing it because I read some of the book and was not impressed. The book has a dark and rather sexual nature to it and so I didn't want to see the play. But a few of my "wicked" friends were getting together to go and see it and they assured me that it would not be like the book.
I decided to trust them, and am I glad that I did. I guess you can apply the old adage, you can't judge a book by its cover and change it to you can't judge a play by its book. Amazing! We went with a group of 12 and entered their drawing for prime seating. I don't win things, so I was glad that Gailon was there because he won a set of tickets. Kim's niece, Ashton, won also.
I think I enjoyed seeing it through her eyes even more than my own. Anyways, we were lucky enough to sit in the front row, and as Ashton put it, be able to clearly see the expressions on the actors face. The rest of our group also sat in the orchestra seats, all of us had amazing seats!
I want to go again!!

2 comments:

Nocella Clan said...

Friend that night was awsome, we are definately going again! Wicked little friends are the best friends ever.

sara and gailon said...

you betcha!!

Snag a Button