Saturday, February 27, 2010

A Great and Noble One has been lost...



My dearest Grandpa has graduated.

I was in a photography seminar in Salt Lake City last night listening to one of my favorites, with a phone that had no juice. When I got out to the car during the dinner break, I thought I would see if it would turn on, it did briefly. What I saw made my heart jump...a 911 message from my mother.

I borrowed Gailon's phone and called her, already feeling the inevitable news. Yes, Grandpa has graduated, just a few hours after my last call in.

I was hoping that he would be able to make it through the weekend because I was planning on going down on Tuesday, the earliest I could possibly go. I have so many commitments this weekend, between the seminar we booked months ago, to my running class, Jordan's Eagle Court of Honor that we have been asked to photograph, a mandatory meeting on Monday at school...so many roadblocks to getting home...

So now I am preparing a slide show to honor my Grandpa, a Noble and Great One!

He has taught me so much about the arts, life, and how to have a grand adventure! From plays, ballets, the Cirque de Sol adventures, to enjoying the finer things in life, as well as simply stopping to smell the roses.

I truly miss him...

(pictures borrowed from the slide show, taken by family members, not myself)

4 comments:

Queen Mother of 8 said...

Sorry to hear Sara. He will truly be missed. Steve is reminiscing about him putting on his yellow hard hat when he'd go under the house. Steve got a chuckle over that! I remember dealing with him with scheduling the buildings. He was a sweet man! Love you!

PLANET HANSEN said...

I am so sorry about your grandpa passing away Sara. Grandpas are special. I had a special one too. You will be comforted by the great memories you had with him.

Mom said...

One of my favorite memories of you and your Grandpa was when you were three years old. He took you to a concert...I think it was a ballet...and was so impressed that you sat through each act...perfectly still, no squirming, no whispering,just watching the performance. He loved doing things with you. You always showed such appreciation for him.


Loves

sara and gailon said...

thanks shelly squared!

Snag a Button