Monday, June 23, 2008

Summer School

Holy macaroni and cheese!!! The first day of school is usually a hectic, crazy day, but today was just plain crazy! How on earth is a child supposed to get the remediation that they need when they can't sit still due to the fact that the room is over 80 degrees!!!! And that is with both doors open and all five of the windows open as wide as they can possibly be!

But, with sweat pouring off of our noses, we persevered! We made it through the reading and math diagnostics and onto writing complete sentences with the five questioning words.

Oh me, oh my! What a day!
I am so glad that I live so close to the ocean and am able to be cooled by the ocean! YAHOOEY!

6 comments:

Laura said...

So it's not like that movie "Summer School" that I used to watch all the time? That's a bummer. When you are hot and sweltering, think of me. Up here in the clouds and rain still! Is it summer yet? I can't tell!! :)

Nocella Clan said...

I think you should quit summer school and just hang out with us. We'll even turn on the air-conditioners for you.

sara and gailon said...

Don't tempt me!!!

Suzie said...

I cant imagine trying to learn in heat like that - it would kill me! Koodos to you! (who is on her way out of the house to sneak on over to the Nocella's and park herself in from of there AC!!! LOL)

sara and gailon said...

You betcha!!! Luckily it has cooled down a bit! One week down, four more to go....

EvaMarieva said...

That must of not been fun. we were dying in the heat last weekend but Mike put in the AC wall unit while I was gone this week.

Snag a Button