Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Time, oh give me time...

Where has the time gone!??

This past weekend we were busy with a wedding and a 50th wedding anniversary mass and party. I must say that the one part of this photography business that is not fun is when we do the occasional Sunday shoot. We enjoyed doing the 50th party because they are friends of Gailon's from work, but it is still working on Sunday. Not my favorite activity, ya know?!

Nevertheless, we were able to get some amazing shots at the church and then at the restaurant. We are definitely going back to that restaurant for a date night too.

As a side note, when we were leaving the mass, a couple approached us and asked if we were wedding photographers. We replied that we were and Gailon gave them his card. They need a photographer for their wedding at the end of the month and we are setting up the appointment for a pre-event consultation. The priest had a great sense of humor, and asked if we were doing business in the church. I replied that we were not money changers nor exchanging funds, (not money changers, get it?), just discussing. His laugh resonated off of the high ceiling and walls. So cute!

We were blessed to have a good friend from church join us for the Saturday wedding shoot. Thanks Monica!!! It was so much fun having Monica along, we both learned a few things and were able to find some fun ways to take neato pictures. We are definitely calling you on the next shoot! It was neat to be able to work alongside someone who is teachable, willing to do the grunt work, and truly wants to learn! Plus, I had help carrying equipment and that is never a bad thing! Thanks again for a fun adventure on Saturday!! And for carrying the reflectors and lighting bag! you were amazingly awesome!!

Other than that there was not much else for this weekend. How could there be? No time... But that is ok, just nine more days for some R&R!!! With a little fun and spiritual uplift too!

3 comments:

Cook Family said...

Hah, you're so nice. I really did have a great time. I totally crashed that night! I barely had the strength to put my kids to bed. I have my pics on a DVD if you'd like. I can bring it by at your convenience.

I can't wait to see Gailon's masterpieces from that day!

Nocella Clan said...

Pretty soon, you and Gailon are going to have to quit work and do the photo biz full time! I'm glad you had fun this past weekend.

Suzie said...

Sounds like you guys have been having fun! HUGS

Snag a Button