Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The First Day of School

One down, 179 more to go!! Teehee!
I have a great class! There are 17 so far (a far cry from 35 last year!) Oh the joys of third grade! I am just loving it! I took my camera to school and forgot to take any pictures, but will do my best to do so tomorrow. I have decided to go with a garden theme and free-styled some flowers and a tree on the door. It is a very bright and friendly environment, if I do say so myself! Anyone is welcome to stop by and check it out!
Gailon came and took the first day photos of the kiddos for their “work wall”. He was also able to take the photos for another teacher too. The students enjoyed having Mr. Tucker there to hang out with and get to know. It will be fun to go to the L.A. County Fair with him too. I let the kiddos know that there first field trip was coming up and they got so excited! The timing of the Fair coincides with the theme we are starting with, Friendship and Charlotte’s Web is a part of it. (Friendship, hmmm…. I think that I could talk about that topic for quite a bit, but that is another post…….)
It cracked me up that there were some who were so excited that there was a leather couch in the room more than all the fun things that I purchased and put together for them! Oh the simple things in life. Several were completely jazzed that they had their own pencil sharpener and 2 mechanical pencils! Remember when it was that easy to be satisfied with something so small? I just love my job! It helps me keep things in perspective…..

5 comments:

Nocella Clan said...

Why does Mr. Tucker get to go to your class? Oh because your married to him, whatever. Mrs. Nocella wants to go to third grade with Mrs.Tucker!!!! I want my pencils and sharpener.

Nocella Clan said...

Mrs. Tucker, I meant to say you're husband not your husband. Don't lower my grade, I caught my mistake!

sara and gailon said...

Actually, you were correct the first time. No deductions this time! teehee...

Queen Mother of 8 said...

Glad school is going well. The boys are all getting adjusted to the new school schedule and me not so well. But it will be fine a another week or so. Miss you guys. Has Gailon gotten any resumes out?

Caryl said...

Your class is so lucky to have you! I am sooo impressed with the schools out here! They tax the heck out of us, so I'm at least glad to see it's going somewhere good! I don't remember seeing a leather couch in anyone's room, though. How cool!

Snag a Button