Friday, January 23, 2009

So much to say and so little time...

Wow, let me see, what has been going on lately: jobbing (is that even a word?), planning a bathroom makeover for a very dear sisterfriend, (i know that is not a word, but it fits!), finding out that there are WAY too many people who remember me from school and my mission that have found me on facebook (but i must admit, it is so fun to chit chat and see the old and new photos!), finding out that I am really getting old (i found three gray hairs! oh me oh my!!), and not much else!

Oh, one more thing! Watching the Inauguration with a classroom of eight and nine year olds was truly an experience. We basically watched, well I should say that I watched because they were too busy with the word find and coloring to pay much attention to, just the swearing in. Very interesting to note the reaction of those kiddos that were paying attention, one of awe and interest. Like I told them, if I agree with who is President or not makes no difference, he is who he is and only time will tell what is next. I do not share my political or religious beliefs with my students, and won't here either, suffice it to say that it was an interesting day!

5 comments:

Menjiness said...

I too have LOVED facebook. It is so great to find so many friends and reconnect. Like finding you!

The Olsen Family said...

Hey you. It is so good to see you are happy and alive. I think of of you and wonder where life has lead you. I also have a blog page. chat with you soon

rachel said...

Thanks for your kind words on my photography blog. I enjoy checking in on Gailon's latest pictures. They are always so great. I especially love seeing all those friends I miss. Love the new one of that cute girl with that cute girl at the piano!

Caryl said...

I am back--thanks to your prompting and trying to catch up! :)

Caryl said...

As an added note--I loved how you handle your opinion with your class. I have made every point now to tell my children that regardless of how we felt before the election, Obama is now our president. Our job now is to pray for him and those surrounding him to make the right decisions, not to bash him. I admire that you don't try to sway your class one way or the other!

Snag a Button