Monday, March 9, 2009

Endure

If there is one message that has been coming up in many different situations, it is that of the concept of enduring. Be it endure to the end, endure this trial, endure the next five minutes. Endure.

I like to think of myself as a rather patient kind of person. One who can handle a lot. But right now, I am beginning to wonder, how much more can I handle? What next?

This past year has been one of many emotions, from elation to down right yuck. I have truly found out who my friends are and those who were along for a ride of their choosing.
Thanks especially to Teesha, you are amazing! I admire your ability to pull up your boot straps and get it done. You are a rock to which I tether myself to keep me balanced. I mean, everyone needs a friend who tells it like it is, right? One who doesn't mince words, no matter what! I am lucky to have you for a best friend. Always, not just for the moment. AlWaYs!

I am also lucky that I have an amazing mom. She has been through a bit lately, and she still keeps on ticking. Not to mention, she puts up with me! ThAnKs!

And of course, I am lucky to have Gailon. What we have gone through in our almost six years of marriage, wow! And here we are...not in the most ideal of living situations (sorry mom, it is true! moving in with your mom at my age! HoLeY MoLeY! But we are truly lucky to have you during this period of indecision!!) but we are together! And with our newest news, well, we will save that one for later. I am just so lucky.

I guess that is what it is all about, enduring that is. To find the things that you can hold onto and move forward. Continue to progress.

Endure.

6 comments:

B. Perky said...

I like the next 5 minutes idea. I think I'll go Zen and live in the moment.

Anonymous said...

And I am the luckiest of moms in the world. No, the conditions have not been ideal...far from it...but you and Gailon put up with ME. How lucky am I?

And Teesha? What an amazing friend she is.

EvaMarieva said...

I am lucky to know you and have you as an example to me (not to mention all the great memories as a kid and the dreams you inspired). You are awesome!

Nocella Clan said...

I love our friendship, well unless you tick me off, then we're breaking up! J/K I know that no matter what we will always be able to talk things through. We have been friends for how long now? And honestly how many tiffs have we gotten into....0! Sorry you're stuck with us for the long haul!...The long haul to Utah.

sara and gailon said...

Thanks guys! i am so lucky to be surrounded by so many great people!

ok, my five minutes are up... now what?? :)

Rhyetta Musser said...

S&G, what is the "newest news" all about? What's the scoop?

Snag a Button