Friday, February 15, 2008

What a sweetie!

Gailon is such a sweetie! He sent me the most beautiful boquet of gerber daisys and roses. Of course, whenever he sends flowers, the ladies in the office comment that their husbands have never sent them flowers, how did i get so lucky? I love this man so much!! Ok, moosh is over!

It was my turn to plan the day, but since he wasn't feeling well, we spent the evening with my mom. It was nice to be able to do this, because she was a bit down. It is become a hard day for her since Papa passed. I tried to help by surprising her with flowers, but the surprise was on me. I got to her house and realized I didn't have a house key!! So I left them on the porch. Not what I wanted, but the effect was the same. She was happy that she recieved her flowers from Papa.

So many of the people I encountered yesterday kept talking about how much they hate Valentine's Day. Not me! I think it is so fun to watch the kiddos with their valentine treats and cards. Several of my colleagues refuse to allow parties or any activities that are remotely related to the day, pass out valentine cards at recess and that is it! Not in my room! The whole day is related to hearts and all the fun stuff. The kiddos used conversation hearts to discuss probabilities, science was about the heart and how it works, language arts was a piece of functional text detailing how to make a certain kind of valentine heart. So much fun!!

No comments:

Snag a Button