Friday, August 1, 2008

"Summertime and the living is easy..."

...or so the song goes. When does it get easy?

Summer school is over and I have finished my week long class. This class was amazing! I tried to share bits and pieces through a couple of narratives and pictures. We were so fortunate to be taught by some of the local scholars and experience some of the sights. I received so many resources from many books to pictures of old Long Beach and the port. My how things have changed and amazing how so much is still the same. I won the raffle today, a book about one of the first African-American female pilots in Long Beach. Two wins in one week is soooooo unusual for me!

So now I am on to my classroom. That is going to be one crazy adventure!

Mix into that the preparation for the boys to go to Scout Camp, holy moley! Since Gailon and I are the ones that are pulling everything together, we have been running around to get the materials, checks, permits, and turn in the paperwork. I have been to the downtown L.A. offices so many times, I think that I should have my own parking space!
Even though it is tough and takes so much time, I am so grateful that I have a husband who magnifies his calling, who goes above and beyond what is needed to make sure that these boys have a good experience, who takes the responsibility he has been given as the Assistant Scoutmaster to make it happen! And he does it without the expectation that he will be thanked or given any of the "credit" he may be due.
Gailon, you are so amazing to me!!! Thank you for being a great example to these boys of a leader who does what they need to in order to have a program that will work for them! I love you!

1 comment:

Nocella Clan said...

The boys are so luckey to have both of you. I thought there wasn't going to be a scout camp this year? Good job Tuckers! Congrats on all your wins.

Snag a Button