Sunday, August 17, 2008

the week in review

Wow! The boys are back from scout camp, I think that they brought half of it home with them too! I am so grateful that I have the blessing of having my own washer and dryer! Laundry for all of them would have been a beast otherwise!

We have been fortunate to have three of the greatest boys hang out with us for a bit before we take them home to Utah. Their mom was so funny when I told her that I was doing their laundry. She promptly told me that I didn’t have to, until I corrected her and told her that I did because I didn’t want to smell camp dirt, sweat, and yuck all the way to their house! She laughed and relented, understanding exactly what I was talking about.

They were able to have many great adventures this past week, some of them are encrypted in their conversations, but I am catching on quickly! And the pictures that Gailon took help to share their adventures too.

While they were gone, I was able to get some planning done with my projects, organize them, and figure out that there are more projects possible with all of the extra that I have collected!! BuSy, BuSy!!

Here is the picture of the month, I guess. I have been reminded that I forgot to post a picture , soooo here’s a couple from our adventure to the Aquarium of the Pacific.

This place has special meaning for our family. It is one of the last places we went to, as a complete family, before the passing of my dad. So we thought that it was fitting to go on his anniversary date, August 13. We enjoyed what we could because it was so busy with end of the season/year for day camps and kids camps. Since we have memberships, we will return and enjoy it often!

As we left the Aquarium, Isis said to grandma, “I am hungry! Let’s eat fish for lunch!” I thought that it was so hilarious! I reminded her we had just spent the morning looking at fish and critters of the sea, and her little seven year old response was, “I know, that’s why I am hungry!” Oh the minds and innocence of children. So we ate shrimp at Bubba Gumps. Max and Isis shared a quarter pound of peel and eat shrimp! Max ate about three and Isis ate the rest.

Yummy!



4 comments:

Nocella Clan said...

Too fun, they are so cute!

EvaMarieva said...

Wow Isis and Max are getting so big. Thanks for the story, I love how the mind of a little one works.

Caryl said...

I would say "out of the mouths of babes," but that's exactly how my husband's mind works. When we go to the zoo, he points out which animals are good to eat and discusses the best ways to prepare them. I know it's sick! I loved the pics!!

sara and gailon said...

Gailon is the same way! CrAzY!!!!

Snag a Button