Monday, February 9, 2009

Would you like a side of wind with that order?

Wow! Who ordered all the wind and rain? Don't get me wrong, I know that we need the moisture, and thank goodness much of this crazy weather has been on non-school days, but HoLeY MoLeY!!

We had one of those handy dandy canopies in the driveway to protect Gailon's motorcycle from the elements, HAD is the operative word here. The wind was just too much for it and it needed to be removed. The wind in the trees in the yard was so strong, I kept looking for the funnel cloud. Thankfully there was nothing to be seen, just the roar of the wind to be heard.

I remember when I was in fourth grade there was a tornado that went down our street, carrying with it a trash can from a few blocks away. As it passed by my classroom window, it pulled the windows open and threw the blinds all over the place. Wild!

Well, it made for an interesting day off, to be sure.

3 comments:

B. Perky said...

When I read your title I thought you might be commenting on Gailon's meatloaf.

sara and gailon said...

So funny! Nope, the meatloaf was fantabulous! Missed you!

Presley family said...

growing up in Oklahoma I had a lot of tornados blow through my life over the years. Call me crazy but there was something that I just loved about them.
BIG HUGS!

Snag a Button