Wednesday, July 2, 2008

She's gone.....




My dear Grandmother passed away this morning. After a battle with an infection and being tired of dialysis, she discontinued the dialysis last Thursday. I knew that she was waiting for my Uncle George to arrive from Singapore before she made her final farewell. I feel very fortunate that I was able to spend some time with her over the last week, especially late last night. She is in a place where there is no pain, sorrow, or difficulties. She is with Grandpa Cobabe, my dad, brother, and countless other family and friends.

We love you Grandma and will miss you!!

8 comments:

Nocella Clan said...

I don't even know what to say. I read your blog and I just couldn't stop the tears. I never met any of these people in your family, but for some strange reason a feel a sense of personal loss. Maybe because you feel so much like my sister lately that your family is my family. We love you Sara.

Suzie said...

I know its a better place, and a journey we all must take, but at the same time I am sadden by your loss. Hugs to you and your family.

EvaMarieva said...

Sarah I love you and am sending hugs and prayers to you. My heart reaches out and wants you to know how much I care. Your family has had a huge impact on my life and I have many memories with them. Give my love to them.
-Eva

sara and gailon said...

Thank you guys so much! We totally feel the love!

Dave and Casi said...

I am so sorry for our loss. I know that we have a tendncy to say that our loved ones are in better places and at least they are no longer hurting. (I said this when my Grandmother died ) Yet there is still that hole left behind that will ache for awhile. I hope that in time your loss will be tempered with the peace that the gospel brings of seeing our loved ones again.

jennifer said...

sara, so sorry to hear about your grandma. it is great to hear from you! small world huh. well im not really good at this blogging thing...but i will try to get better at it. anyway i hope all is well and if your ever out in mississippi let me know!!

Lacey Jay said...

We just got home from Utah and read your blog. We're so sorry for your loss. Our hearts and prayers are truly with you. We know how it feels to lose someone so dear. Hope you two are doing okay:)

sara and gailon said...

thank you!

Snag a Button