Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Slowing Down and Picking Up the Pace

Well, things are returning to normalish. We have been busy with several photo shoots and opportunities. I continue to meet with my Grandfather to create inventories of items to be donated to the charitable organizations of his choosing and then transport things over, load by load. I have had several comments made about all of the bruises on my arms and legs, no need to worry, they are from bumping into things while carrying some rather heavy items out to my car. Something that I have learned from this experience is that it is important to always make sure that your affairs are in order, ensure that extra items are taken care of, and to keep meticulous records of my investments. Right now, I know I have investments, but I don't know where I stand with them... better check into that!

So... I have decided to turn the house upside down and downsize! Of course the upside to all of this is to have a garage sale. I have never had one on my own, so this will be an interesting experience. But it will be for fun! Some mad money! Maybe it will be for the trip to Alaska we have been wanting to go on! Maybe it will go into savings for that "just in case" day! Who knows, maybe it will only be enough for a bottle of water for the next hike we take!

Speaking of which, we found a spot to go hiking not too far from our house and boy did it kick my petunia! We have each made a goal to make it up the steepest part without stopping and still carry on a conversation! Can we do it? Of course we can! To see us chubby kiddos running up the trail must be a sight, but hey, we are having fun!

5 comments:

Caryl said...

Do you ever slow down!? Kudos to you on the trail! It's much more important to be active and healthy than to fit into a certain size!

sara and gailon said...

Slow down? I don't know what that means! You mean that the two speeds aren't fast and faster?
Health has always been more important to me, even though I would love being a smaller size too. All in good time!

Nocella Clan said...

I like how you act like you are slowing down. Remember I talk to you everyday, you are certainly not slowing down. I am so proud of you both for doing the whole HIKING thing....I'm out. I rather sit on the couch and eat bon bons, do you think Gailon will do a photo shoot about that? J/K, by the way the picture he sent me of ME needs to be erased.

Katy said...

Garage sales are great-especially if you are the one making money!
Oh, and I meant to write back a million years ago...my mom made the star quilt. It has squares of denim on the other side, so I love using it outdoors. She can make anything with a sewing machine. Me? No.

sara and gailon said...

Of course he will take your portrait, let me see where we can fit you in...
tee hee!

Snag a Button