Saturday, July 26, 2008

Yahoo! Summer School is done...

...except for the fact that I now have a class to take this entire next week. Then my project time begins, as well as getting my classroom ready! Who woulda thunk that a teacher could be so busy during her "time off"? Especially since I don't get paid when I don't work during the summer months.

So, here's to the next three weeks! Let's see, what shall I do??
How about a garage sale, getting a scout troop and the Assistant Scout Master ready for camp (including the gear, food, packing of the truck, pick-up the boys, get the t-shirts ordered and designed, and any of the last minute things that inevitably come up), and then drive them all to camp, clean them up when they get home (how mom's get that much laundry done is beyond me!), and throw three of the boys in the car to drive them back to Utah.
Ummm, next I think that I will get a classroom ready that I moved into at the end of the year and haven't been able to get into until now, so it is gonna be scary! But at least it is in a bungalow and is air conditioned!! YAHOO!
Next, I think that I will tackle my denim quilt. I have been saving jeans from my family members for about three years or so, with some very special jeans from my dad. I have a few ideas and alot of fear and trepidation about taking on this project, but I am sure it will be a learning adventure, as all of my "crafting opportunities" are.

So, can I do it all? You bet! I have great friends and a fantastic mom that have said that they will help me out with some of the "festivities and fun"! Drinks are on me! Lemonade with berries for everyone!!!

3 comments:

Nocella Clan said...

Remember when I told you that you were insane? You are! Have fun with all your projects!

Caryl said...

As I said--DO YOU EVER SLOW DOWN!? I love the idea of the quilt. Please let me know how it turns out!

sara and gailon said...

If I slow down, I might catch up with myself, and then what would I do?

Snag a Button