Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Yawn!!!

I am so incredibly tired, and yet I type away!
This has been a very busy weekend, full of family and very late nights. I guess when you stay up past 2am for about three nights in a row and then get up at 5:30 am, might be part of the reason for the extra dark circles under my eyes.
We had an extremely spiritual time reminiscing about Grandma. Some members of the family caused grief, others healed it, but all in all it was an experience that was enjoyed. I mean, the business of dying is not enjoyable, but the reminiscing and laughing about the things remembered was.
I was able to take the opportunity to create a slide show of my grandmother's life. How do you condense a lifetime into seven minutes?? But I did my best and the results were beautiful. I selected a song entitled "Lullaby" by Josh Groban and a second song from a tribute album to President Hinckley for the slide show. The words for each echoed the sentiments I was feeling.
I was also blessed with the opportunity to sing during the memorial service, so hard!!!
I am so grateful to those who supported me throughout this experience! You are so wonderful to me! I am so lucky to be surrounded with those who truly love and care for me, through trials and rocky road ice cream!

5 comments:

Nocella Clan said...

Hey, I didn't get rocky road ice cream! Just kidding, ok I'm not. I know this has been an incredibly difficult week for you and like always you put on the face and do what needs to be done. You are strong but my friend sometimes it is ok to let others assist you to make life a little easier. Stop trying to do it all....you'll turn into a Jacque. Call her up, ask how that's working for her!!! I love you and you know your BFF(s) on 18th are here for you if you need us.

sara and gailon said...

Thanks. You will never truly understand the gratitude I have in my heart for you and your family and their support! That, my friend, is true friendship!

Caryl said...

Your strength amazes me! Loss is never easy--regardless of the time in someone's life. I admire how you are handling it--and a slideshow is so wonderful for the family to remember positives! BTW--Rocky Road is my absolute favorite! Now GET SOME SLEEP!

sara and gailon said...

Yes ma'am!
Rocky road is the best! A little chocolate, nuts, and the all important marshmallow!

Cook Family said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. It doesn't seem to matter the circumstance or the age of the person who passed, it's always difficult. I hope you will soon regain your sleep.

I'm bummed I miss your lesson each week, but I hear your a great teacher.

Snag a Button